Friday, September 29, 2023

Rescued

A thousand thousand waited on him, ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. A court was held and the books were opened. I gazed into the visions of the night. And I saw, coming on the clouds of heaven, one like a son of man.
Dn.7:10,13

Daniel describes his prophetic vision of the final court of judgement in heaven. All looks bad for the accused until the defence lawyer turns up.

This is my hope. I'm dead meat until Jesus turns up. I'm guilty as accused. Jesus not only pleads for me but also has paid the price for me. I'm free to leave the courtroom. The noose has been removed from around my neck.

My response? Gratitude. I step into my day as a free man with thanksgiving and praise on my lips.

You rescued me and picked me up
A living hope of grace revealed
A life transformed in righteousness
O Lord You have rescued me
Forgiving me, You healed my heart
And set me free from sin and death
You brought me life
You've made me whole
O Lord You have rescued me

Hillsong

No comments: