Friday, September 15, 2023

Eliminate Judgement Accentuate Mercy

Mercy, however, was shown me, because until I became a believer I had been acting in ignorance; and the grace of our Lord filled me with faith and with the love that is in Christ Jesus.
1Tim.1:13,14

Paul writes to Timothy, starting with a confession of where he has come from, ignorance, and what has saved him, mercy.

It's good for me to recall the ignorance I have come from. It helps me be empathetic with those I encounter who are ignorant of Jesus. It's even better for me to recall the mercy that has been, and is being, shown to me. That dictates the way in which I reach out to the ignorant. 

Jesus, being merciful isn't easy but it's essential if I am to be an authentic witness for you. Help me eliminate the judgement within me and accentuate the mercy.
Our Lady of Sorrows, please pray for me.


 


No comments: