Friday, May 26, 2023

Speak Out

Jesus showed himself to his disciples, and after they had eaten he said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon son of John, do you love me.
Jn.21:15

The resurrected Jesus appears to the apostles and converses with Peter. Peter's three-time affirmation of his love for Jesus helps him move on from his earlier three-time denial and pick up his mantle of leadership in the fledgling Church.

There's power in voicing a belief. Speaking out makes the belief take deeper roots. A tree with deeper roots withstands the storm and can protect others. Jesus knew Peter would soon need to do this for the persecuted Church he was called to lead. 

How deep are my roots of faith? Where can I speak out in order to deepen them? Anywhere and everywhere. Anytime and all the time.

Jesus, give me courage to speak out my belief in you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: