Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Connected

I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me, with me in him, bears fruit in plenty; for cut off from me you can do nothing.
Jn.15:5

Jesus uses a powerful analogy of vine and branches to emphasise the relationship I am to have with him. Connected I bear much fruit. Disconnected I am dead wood.

This reminds me of Steve Green's classic song 'He'll take Care of the Rest' where there's a great verse... 

Remember he is de vine, and you are de branch,
He loves to get you through it if you give Him a chance
Just keep doing your best and pray that it's blessed
Jesus takes care of the rest.

Sometimes I judge I'm not bearing much fruit. This is a great reminder to "keep doing my best and pray that it's blessed" and let Jesus take care of the rest.

Saint Peter, please pray for me.



No comments: