Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Spirit Births Spirit

Jesus said to Nicodemus: ‘Do not be surprised when I say: You must be born from above.'
Jn.3:7

Nicodemus is drawn to Jesus in a secret meeting. Jesus has just told him 'Spirit gives birth to spirit'. Nicodemus is struggling to comprehend.

Nothing's changed in two thousand years. People still struggle to understand that humankind is spiritual as well as fleshly and that, as with the flesh, it is essential for the spiritual to be born, to be fed, to be nurtured. Jesus is clear about this; "You must be born from above".

There is a spiritual side to everything in my day today, starting with my prayer-time now. I need to be alert to that. It is in this realm the spirit of God is working in me. I don't want to miss it.

Lord Jesus, send out your spirit and renew the face of the earth, starting with me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: