Monday, April 23, 2018

Gateway to Life

'Anyone who enters through me will be safe: he will go freely in and out and be sure of finding pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come so that they may have life and have it to the full.’
Jn.10:9,10

Jesus starts his parable of the Good Shepherd. Not only is he the Good Shepherd, he is the gate. He protects from the murderous thief and gives fullness of life.

I was at a twenty-first birthday party the other night. There were a number of young people who were priming to move onto the clubs following the party. I saw an emptiness in many of them and I felt pity for them. Alcohol promises fullness but delivers bitter emptiness.

A gate keeps things out and keep things in. A gate leads to a secure place. Jesus does all this for me, the result being fullness of life. Fullness of life gives me joy.

Thank you Jesus for the life you give me. Be my gate, be my shepherd. Let my joy lead others to you.
Little Flower, please follow me.




No comments: