Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Come and Believe

‘Sir,’ they said ‘give us that bread always.’ Jesus answered: ‘I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never be hungry; he who believes in me will never thirst.’
Jn.6:34,35

The people are clamouring for Jesus after he has performed the miracle of the loaves. Wanting another sign from him, Jesus confronts them with what they really want, more food for their stomachs. He tells them God wants to provide food for their souls, bread from heaven. So starts his great discourse on his flesh and blood.

Never, hunger, never thirst, what a wonderful promise. There is contentment, peace and joy in being a Christ-follower that doesn't rely in circumstance. Stephen displayed that as he was being stoned. Coming to Jesus and believing in him is all that is required.

Lord Jesus I come to you with my belief. My easter joy is from you to me and from me to those I meet today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: