Sunday, October 8, 2017

Truth

Finally, brothers, fill your minds with everything that is true, everything that is noble, everything that is good and pure, everything that we love and honour, and everything that can be thought virtuous or worthy of praise.... Then the God of peace will be with you.
Ph.4:8,9


Saint Paul is writing to the Church at Philippi, giving words of encouragement to live the Christian life that is new to them and taken grip of their hearts.

This is not rocket science. Fill my mind with things true, noble, good and pure. With things that hold love, honour, virtue and praise. Then what? God is with me. Peace is with me.

Then why is it so hard? The key is in Saint Paul’s opening words, "Brothers, fill your minds...". There is a battle within me over what I think. My mind is the battlefield. It is a battle with eternal consequences, so it’s time to take it seriously.

Strategy; I’ll pick them off one day at a time until it becomes habit, a new way of thinking. Today I will think of things true. Jesus is truth. A good place to start...

Jesus, you are my way, my truth, my life. Fill my mind today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: