Monday, October 23, 2017

Currency of Love

‘Watch, and be on your guard against avarice of any kind, for a man’s life is not made secure by what he owns, even when he has more than he needs.’
Lk.12:15

A man asks Jesus to ejudicate in a family inheritance dispute and he responds with the Parable of the Rich Fool.

The cracks in a family become gulfs when it comes down to inheritance disputes. Jesus warns against greed, saying material riches give no security that lasts.

The rich man in the parable actually made a good business decision. Build bigger barns for bigger profits. The problem wasn’t his business acumen, it was his reliance on wealth for his security.

Being rich in the sight of God is the goal. Good works, compassion, mercy and love are the currency. I can start saving this treasure by spending it on the people God places in my life today. It’s that back-to-front land logic of Jesus again. The more I give away the more I have. It’s a currency of love.

Lord Jesus. You know the natural graspiness I have. Help me open my hand and be generous with the currency of love you give me today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.




No comments: