Saturday, February 18, 2017

The Joy of Faith

Only faith can guarantee the blessings that we hope for, or prove the existence of the realities that at present remain unseen.
Heb.11:1

The writer of Hebrews starts his discourse on the essential nature of faith for the follower of Christ. Head knowledge and works are not enough to gain the promises.

I remember struggling in my conversion to try and understand what Catholics meant by "The Faith". It almost seemed like a cop out from establishing a personal relationship with Jesus. I came to realise it was a general term for all that comprised of being a practicing Catholic. It didn't relate to that person faith one has in Jesus.

Not having a personal faith held me back from entering "The Faith" for many years. It wasn't until I took a step in faith that I received the gift of a personal faith in Jesus. Only then could I receive the hope of "realities that at present remain unseen".

I treasure my gift of faith. It gives a tangible joy that I take into my day today.

Lord Jesus, again I thank you for my gift of faith. The joy of knowing you is mine today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: