Friday, February 3, 2017

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Put greed out of your lives and be content with whatever you have; God himself has said: I will not fail you or desert you, and so we can say with confidence: With the Lord to help me, I fear nothing: what can man do to me?
Heb.13:5,6

The writer of Hebrews is concluding with exhortations for the Christian life. "Be content with what you have" is held up as the attitude of one who has complete confidence in God.

Contented people are good company. There's no stress or striving greed in them.

Be content, fear nothing. This is a sure recipe for peace and peace is the desire of every man's heart. What a wonderful way to live out today.

Lord Jesus. Give me a contented heart today. I place my trust in you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: