Thursday, February 9, 2017

Flesh and Bone

The Lord God said, ‘It is not good that the man should be alone. I will make him a helpmate.’ Gen.2:18

The Garden is created. Adam is placed in the most beautiful place the world has known, but he is alone and unhappy. God then created the antidote to loneliness... Eve.

Sex is God's idea. It's his solution to the first problem that creation experienced. Loneliness. And sex is designed by God to be physical. Adam's first response to Eve wasn't, "That looks good to play Chess with". No! He exclaimed, "At last, flesh of my flesh, bone of my bone". He liked what he saw.

The psalmist today echos this truth from Genesis. "Your wife will be like a fruitful vine in the heart of your house; your children like shoots of the olive, around your table. Indeed thus shall be blessed the man who fears the Lord." Ps.128:3,4

I am so blessed today. My wife is my fruitful vine, my five children and seven (last count) grandchildren are shoots around my table.

Thank you Father for blessing me so. Today I live with a thankful heart.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: