Monday, February 6, 2017

The Gift

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Gen.1:1

The very first verse of the very first book in the Bible lays the foundation for faith in God and the hope that brings to all of creation.

Either God created or he didn't.  Acceptance or rejection of this verse determines how the rest of the Bible is read. I accept it.

Yesterday, my family and I spent the day at one of the most beautiful places on the planet, Lake Taupo, New Zealand. Towering rock cliffs formed from an ancient volcano swept down to a narrow headland covered in native bush. This inturn led up to a beach of soft sand that gently succumbed to the crystal clear waters of the lake. The sky went from deepest blue directly above to a pale blue over the distant ranges on the far side of the lake.  It was beautiful. The day put "wind under my wings" and lifted my spirit.

I saw the fingerprints of God everywhere. I sensed the place had been created those thousands of years ago specifcally with me in mind to enjoy on Sunday 5th Frebruary, 2017. And I'm thankful.

Lord Jesus, co-creator of the universe, thank you for the gift of yesterday and the promise of today. I place my trust in you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: