Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Welcome to the Family

You are no longer aliens or foreign visitors: you are citizens like all the saints, and part of God’s household. You are part of a building that has the apostles and prophets for its foundations, and Christ Jesus himself for its main cornerstone.
Eph.2:19,20

Saint Paul describes how Jesus is central to the Christian's life, changing our very identity. We are no longer aliens but part of the family of God.

I heard in the news yesterday that a man "fell" from a local car park building and was killed. It's a site where suicides have happened before and this tragedy sounds similar. Loneliness is a terrible and most feared thing. Jesus extends an wonderful alternative; participation in the family of God.

I'm on the steering team for an up-coming men's event. One of the good signs that we are heading in the right direction is when we start seeing guys who are in the margins coming along. When those men who don't quite fit in the world feel welcomed and accepted, we know we're on track.

What a wonderful way to step out into my day, knowing I'm a citizen among saints, that I have family, that I'm not alone.

Jesus, thank you for the family you invite me into today. Help me welcome others into your household.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: