Thursday, October 8, 2015

Ask Seek Knock

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."
Lk.11:9,10

Jesus continues his teaching on prayer, having just given the Lord's Prayer as a template for how to pray.  Here he exhorts us to ask, seek, knock.  The initiative is always with us, the response is always from God.

Ask, Seek, Knock. Sometimes I feel guilty about placing prayer "shopping lists" before Jesus.  Jesus heal this, Jesus fix that, Jesus do that. Here Jesus encourages me to give him these petitions.

There's an inferred delight in him when he receives such requests.  He wants to give a "fish" or an "egg".  Better still, he wants to give me the Holy Spirit.  Oh yes!

Lord Jesus,, please give me today the Holy Spirit of God to lead me, guide me and inspire me today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: