Monday, October 26, 2015

An Advocate

When he said this, all his adversaries were covered with confusion, and all the people were overjoyed at all the wonders he worked.
Lk.13:17

Jesus has just healed a woman made cripple by an evil spirit. The Jewish leader scolds the people for seeking healing on the Sabbath. Jesus exposes his hypocrisy, causing confusing in him and over-flowing joy in the people.

Jesus is for the common people. He is their advocate, as displayed in today's Gospel. He places people's needs at the top and religious laws at the bottom.  The power pyramid is turned upside down. The result? Confusion in those seeking power and control. Joy in the people.

I imitate Jesus whenever I bat for the least, the lost, the lowly.  That can be my children and grand children today. Then, maybe, I can bring them over flowing joy.

Lord Jesus. Thank you for being our advocate, for lifting is up when we feel down. Help me be an advocate like you today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.





No comments: