Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Christ in All

Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all and in all.
Col.3:11

Saint Paul is writing to the Church in Colossia, outlining the new way of living for those alive in Christ. His message is radical to a community that has been divided for generations. Christ is in all.

The western world is in turmoil on how to respond to the refugee tsunami pouring out of Syria and New Zealand has not escaped the pressure. I have heard people speak out of fear, fear of having to change, fear of having to give, fear of terrorism, fear of the new, fear of difference.

Today's first reading gives direction on how to face this crisis. Christ is in all. A lesson for me, today.

Lord Jesus, help me see you in all, even in the stranger who can make me fearful.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: