Friday, August 1, 2014

The Gift

Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his native place and in his own house." 
And he did not work many mighty deeds there because of their lack of faith.
Mt. 13:57,58

Jesus has just taught in the synagogue of his home town. His neighbours scoff at him and dismiss his teaching. Their familiarity blinds them to who he truly is and they lack faith. Sadly, their lack of faith denies them from the very thing that would build their faith, that is, Jesus' miracles.

An essential part of our faith is, well, ... is faith. I remember trying to understand everything about the Christian Faith. If could I could nail it down and define everything to my satisfaction, then I would convert and believe. I didn't realise I was engaged in the futile exercise of trying to fit God into my puny understanding of who God should be. I was locked in that place for years until I reached the point where I gave up and let God be God.  What a relief and joy to be able to stop struggling and just believe.

My faith in Jesus is such a precious gift. Today I will live with gratitude for this gift, ... and look out for miracles.

Thank you Jesus for my gift of faith in you. Help me witness this faith in my day and be the Herald of your miracles.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: