Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Glory

Then from the cloud came a voice that said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."
Mt. 17:5

Peter, James and John see Jesus transfigured into his true glory. The transfiguration is authenticated by God himself and the disciples fall in fear.

Familiarity with this story can blunt it's true meaning. When I place myself in the scene I get a thrill in my bones. It's like a glimpse of heaven, of what is to come. I suspect when I meet Jesus face to face I will fall on my face like Peter James and John.

To lessen the shock of that first time encounter perhaps I better start listening to him.

Jesus, I really don't have a clue about you glory and majesty. Have mercy on me, a Stumbling Follower.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: