Thursday, August 9, 2012

Who Do I Say?

‘But you,’ he said ‘who do you say I am?’
Mt.16:15


Jesus is with His disciples near the old city of Caesarea Philippi where He asks them to declare their relationship with Him.  Peter's confession of Jesus as "Son of the Living God" earns him leadership of the fledgling church.

Caesarea Philippi was a Roman city dedicated to pagan gods.  Jesus chooses this place to reveal His divinity and have it recognised by His disciples and so, by proxy, recognised by the Church. Jesus was not interested in hearing what others had to say about Him.  He wanted hear from the disciples themselves.

This is a question put daily before me.  Who do I say Jesus is? Sometimes I confess Jesus with my lips, then walk out the door and deny Him by my lifestyle. I can easily  talk about Jesus' divinity in a theoretical way, but to live a life declaring Jesus' Lordship is more difficult.  Today I want my lifestyle to say, "Jesus is the Son of the Living God".

Lord Jesus, my heart worships You as my God.  Help me live a life that declares what is in my heart.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: