Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Jesus-View


And everyone who has left houses, brothers, sisters, father, mother, children or land for the sake of my name will be repaid a hundred times over, and also inherit eternal life. ‘Many who are first will be last, and the last, first.’
Mt.19:29,30

Jesus is explaining to the disciples what He means about the difficulties inherent for a rich man trying to enter the kingdom of heaven.  He describes the kingdom of heaven as a back-to-front world, where the least here will become the greatest there, the poor will become rich, the last will become first.

The apparent injustice of this world only makes sense when placed in the perspective of the next world.  The riches of this world looses its glamour when placed alongside the promises of the next.  When I start getting seduced by this world's riches I need to extend my vision, gain a Jesus-view on life and what truly matters.

Lord, you know how this world's riches can seduce me.  Give me Your vision of where my treasures truly lie.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: