Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Proclaimer

FEAST OF THE CONVERSION OF SAINT PAUL

Immediately it was as though scales fell away from Saul’s eyes and he could see again. So he was baptised there and then, and after taking some food he regained his strength.   He began preaching in the synagogues, ‘Jesus is the Son of God.’ All his hearers were amazed.
Acts9.18-21


Paul is blind and in confusion after having met Jesus on the road to Damascus.  Ananias is sent by Jesus to first heal Paul of his blindness and then baptise him. Paul's conversion is instant and complete.  From a persecutor he is immediately changed to a proclaimer.

I love conversion stories and Saint Paul's is one of the greatest.  I am a convert myself and so I guess this helps me see both sides of the story.  But there is a challenge here also.  How complete is my conversion?  Am I a proclaimer? The Gospel is a very simple message; "Jesus is the Son of God".  How well do I preach it?  The answer is, not as well as I could.  Today I will proclaim the Gospel.

Lord Jesus, You are the Son of God.  That truth has changed my life since I accepted it..  Help me be a fearless proclaimer of Your Good News.
Saint Paul, please pray for me.

No comments: