Thursday, January 26, 2012

No Secretes

‘Would you bring in a lamp to put it under a tub or under the bed? Surely you will put it on the lamp-stand? For there is nothing hidden but it must be disclosed, nothing kept secret except to be brought to light. If anyone has ears to hear, let him listen to this.’
Mark 4:21-23


Jesus is instructing His disciples, telling that there is nothing that is totally secrete.  This is a universal truth, underscored by Jesus.  It is a truth that is just as applicable today.

There is something both comforting and unsettling in this teaching. It means that every good deed done in secrete will be eventually rewarded and every sinful act will eventually be brought to light.  When I fully embrace this truth it is actually liberating.  Trying to live with secretes is exhausting.  Sometimes lies are said to cover up lies.  When I live remembering it is all being recorded in the book of my life which is to be eventually opened, then why try and cover up, why feel unappreciated?

This truth not only liberates but it thrusts me into the merciful arms of God.  It tells me I am always in need of mercy... a good thing for me to remember today.

Lord Jesus, You know all about me.  Before You I have no secretes, yet You still love me.  I throw myself upon Your mercy.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: