Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Leavened all through

‘What shall I compare the kingdom of God with? It is like the yeast a woman took and mixed in with three measures of flour till it was leavened all through.’
Lk.12:20,21


Jesus is quoted by Saint Luke as describing what the Kingdom of God is like.  Jesus uses common physical things to describe something extraordinarily spiritual.   The common feature is that the Kingdom of God seems small and insignificant but, as it works from the inside out,  in time it influences everything.

The Kingdom of God is within me.  It is so insignificant that at times I forget it is there.   I need to mix it in with the dough of my life and let it work from the inside out.  In time it will influence everything.

Holy Spirit, help me mix the yeast of my faith into every corner of my life that it may leaven everything I am for the glory of God's Kingdom.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: