Saturday, October 5, 2024

Joy

It was then that, filled with joy by the Holy Spirit, he said:
Lk.10:21

The seventy-two return to Jesus with joyous reports of great victories over the forces of darkness. Their joy is contagious as it elevates Jesus into joyfill prayer to the Father.

I'm a joy-o-holic. When scripture includes the word joy I'm drawn to it like iron to a magnet. Today's reading presents a joyfest. Jubilant returning warriors reporting to their captain who receives them with great happiness. It's a scene in which I love to see myself as a joy-filled participant.

And I am in that joyous scene. I am in the winning army. The Church Militant will become the Church Triumphant. The same Holy Spirit who gave Jesus his joy is waiting to bestow it on me. My world today needs that contagious joy.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful. Kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth.


No comments: