Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Let it Be Done


I am the handmaid of the Lord,’ said Mary ‘let what you have said be done to me.'
Lk.1:38

Mary has just been told the remarkable news that she is to miraculously conceive and bear the Son of God. Her response? Your will be done.

The Good News to Mary is the same for everyone, the same for me. It starts with, "Hail Mike, the Lord is with you. He loves you and has a plan for your life..." From that point my Good News differs from the annunciation to Mary. She had no sin to screw up God's plan. I do.  

However, Mary's Good News becomes my Good News again. Her son Jesus was born to die for my sins and set me right with God again. What a great motivation to radically reorient my life to Jesus. 

Mary, your fiat, your yes, has opened the door to eternal life for me. Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen. 

No comments: