Thursday, December 7, 2023

A Man of Action

Therefore, everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on rock. 
Mt.7:24

Jesus has just warned about false prophets and false disciples. The test for authentic prophets and disciples is to see how they act.

Go on to social media and there is a lot of "Lord, Lord". They are very good at tickling my ears. But how do these speakers act? It would be interesting to ask their wives, husbands, children. 

But the power of scripture is that it turns the spotlight on me. How do I act?  Am I an authentic disciple?What do my wife and children say about me?  I confess I do have my "Lord, Lord" days. Today is a good day to be a sensible man, a man of action.

Jesus, you are my rock. I build my life on you.


No comments: