Thursday, June 14, 2018

Guard your Mind

‘You have learnt how it was said to our ancestors: You must not kill; and if anyone does kill he must answer for it before the court. But I say this to you: anyone who is angry with his brother will answer for it.’
Mt.5:21,22


Jesus is now getting into the tough talk in his sermon on the mount. Here he focuses on inner thoughts, showing they are as bad, if not worse, than outward sinful actions.

Every sinful action starts with a sinful thought, and I’m thinking all the time, except when asleep. My thoughts are where the battle lies. Control my thoughts and actions are controlled. Stinking thinking makes me stink.

Set your mind on things from above, writes Saint Paul, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Today I will be conscious of my thoughts. Then peace will be mine.

Lord Jesus, you know my thoughts are unconstrained. Help me control my thinking so your peace may be mine.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: