Monday, July 30, 2018

Stories

In all this Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables; indeed, he would never speak to them except in parables. This was to fulfil the prophecy: I will speak to you in parables and expound things hidden since the foundation of the world.
Mt.13:34,35

Jesus is teaching the people about great things, about the kingdom of God. To do so effectively he uses parables in a language the people understand.

A parable is a story with a point. Jesus knew how to teach a common crowd. He used stories about things the people recognised to expound on great theological truths.

I'm attempting to write. One of the first things I'm learning about writing is that it must matter, it must have a point that the reader can embrace. Powerful stories can move a people.Christmas charities in England blossomed after Dickens published A Christmas Carol.

This is encouraging for me in my self doubts about my writing.

Jesus, anything creative in me comes from you. Help me in my writing efforts that you may be glorified in what I write.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: