Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Keep Them, Teach Them

Therefore, the man who infringes even one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be considered the least in the kingdom of heaven; but the man who keeps them and teaches them will be considered great in the kingdom of heaven.’
Mt.5:19

Jesus is starting his Sermon on the Mount, stating he has not come to replace the Law and the Prophets, rather, to fulfill them. He underscores this by showing what becomes of those who infringe the commandments and those who obey and teach them.

There is an eternal consequence to my attitude to the commandments of God found in the Bible, even the least of them. To keep them and teach them is to gain greatness in heaven.

I'm leading Children's Liturgy at Mass this Sunday. I'd better get it right.

Lord Jesus, I am just a stumbling follower. I trip and fall but get up again to follow you. Give me wisdom and joy as I teach the little children, the very ones you called to be brought to you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: