Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Alleluia! He is Risen!

Jesus said, ‘Mary!’ She knew him....
Jn.20:16

Today is Easter Tuesday of the Easter Octave. The bells ringing "Alleluia, He is Risen! " are still loud in my ears. The Gospel has me watch Mary Magdalene enter the empty tomb, not yet knowing what has really happened. Then Jesus calls her by name, and she instantly knows...

My faith in Jesus became real when I realised it's about relationship, not religion. Relationship happens when two people start knowing and being real with each other. Two "people". The person of Jesus, who he really is, started to dawn on me and that's when I fell in love with him.

Easter brings back the joy of that first love. The incense and the Alleluias soak into me for fifty days... then Pentecost! Oh joyous days!

My Risen Lord! You are my companion today. Let your joy become my joy as I love those whom you love today.
Mary Magdelane, please pray for me.


No comments: