Thursday, April 20, 2017

Rejoice and be Glad

Alleluia, alleluia! This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad. Alleluia!
Gospel Acclamation Ps117:24

Easter Thursday and the joy of the resurrected Lord permeates the Church. This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad.

This acclamation has become my morning prayer, recited before I rise out of bed. Joy is such a wonderful way to approach every day, no matter what it may hold.

This morning my daughter planned for us to wake up early and watch the sun rise over Ohope Beach.  What a spectacle of glory! Truely the Lord's finger prints could be seen in the vista that unfolded before us.

Thank you Lord for this day you have made. I shall be the joy that reflects it on all who I meet today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: