Thursday, November 24, 2016

Stand Up

"When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” LK.21:28

Jesus is drawing near to his passion and death at Jerusalem. He instructs his disciples not about the coming end of his time on earth but about the coming end of all time. For believers, it will be a time to stand up and welcome.

The Temple at Jerusalem was an awe-inspiring structure. To think of its destruction would have been abhorrent for any Jew. Yet Jesus clearly prophesies that very thing to emphasis the catastrophic signs that will accompany the end of time; "On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity". But for believers this will be a time of great joy. Why? Because our redemption draw near.

Hell may clamor for our attention but we always have our eye focused on heaven. That is our destination. Everything else is just reconstituted dust. Today my eye is refocused on the glory Jesus promises me as I stumble along following him.

Lord Jesus, I know not the hour or the day. It may be today that you come. So, I stand up and lift my head, for you, my redemption, draw near.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: