Thursday, August 25, 2016

Prepared

Therefore, you too must stand ready because the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
Mt.24:44

Jesus is instructing his disciple on the signs of the end times. The imperative is to be ready as we don't know when the day will be that is our judgement day.

Mum has died. For the last four weeks she knew she was dieing, she knew her judgement day was fast approaching. This was a particular grace that was given to her that is not given to most people. It gave her time to prepare. It gave her time to make her profession of faith. It gave her time to be baptised.

I may not have that period of grace. As it stands, I do not know the hour that the Lord is coming. Today I live my day as though it is my last.

Lord Jesus, strengthen me to be a faithful servant so you may find me employed at the task you have given me on that final day.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: