Thursday, April 14, 2016

True Bread

'I am the living bread which has come down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live for ever; and the bread that I shall give is my flesh, for the life of the world.’
Jn.6:51

People are clamoring after Jesus following his miraculous feeding of the five thousand. Jesus knows their motive; 'You are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. Jn.6:26' Jesus then leads into his discourse on what the true bread is that he provides, his very flesh.

I can't read John, chapter 6 without being so grateful I have the Eucharist available to me, just twenty minutes walk down the road from where I live. The Bread of Life is available to me even today, at our local cathedral.

Jesus' listeners could not accept what he was saying and left still hungry. I do accept Jesus meant what he said and according to him, eternal life is mine. Oh wonderful gift, I long for you. I need to go to Mass today.

Thank you Jesus for the most precious gift you have given me, your very flesh and blood. You give yourself completely so I may live eternally.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: