Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Light

"And indeed, everybody who does wrong hates the light and avoids it, for fear his actions should be exposed; but the man who lives by the truth comes out into the light, so that it may be plainly seen that what he does is done in God.’
Jn.3:20,21

Jesus has been sought out by Nicodemus. Jesus uses earthly things to explain heavenly things to Nicodemus. Jesus speaks of himself as light that has come into the world but that people prefer darkness. This must have resonated with Nicodemus who sought Jesus at night for fear of the Jews.

Recently our neighbour's house was broken into and robbed while they were away. This happened at night, in darkness. I was reminded of the above words of Jesus, 'everybody who does wrong hates the light and avoids it, for fear his actions should be exposed;'.  The "everybody" referred to here includes me when I do wrong. Whenever I do wrong I'm fully aware of my actions and I don't want them exposed.

The antidote for this malady? Light! The light that comes from Jesus overcomes the deepest darkness. What wonderful news. I need to do some "Son" bathing and expose myself to the Light of Christ... daily.

Thank you Jesus for being the light that overcomes my darkness. Let your light shine in me today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: