Thursday, February 19, 2015

Choose Life

I set before you life or death, blessing or curse. Choose life, then, so that you and your descendants may live, in the love of the Lord your God, obeying his voice, clinging to him; for in this your life consists,
Dt.30:19,20

Moses is giving his last prophetic instruction to the Hebrews before they cross the Jordan into the Promised Land. Choosing life meant choosing God, for this their life consists.

The choice is just as stark today. Choose God or reject God. Choose life or choose death. The seduction of the world is such that it can seem rejecting God is gaining a fuller life. I remember my worldview before I met Jesus. I thought the world was mine for the taking and that I was in the center of it. After my conversation I saw how puny and miniscule my view on life had been. My world had a population of one; me. Suddenly other people's happiness was more important than my own and my world expended dramatically. It was like coming out of a dark canyon into a wide open prairie.

Life is like that. It makes me outward focussed rather than inward absorbed. What a great way to walk into today.

Lord Jesus, you are the giver of life. Help me choose life by choosing to love others today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: