Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Voice in My Ear

No longer will your Teacher hide himself, but with your own eyes you shall see your Teacher, While from behind, a voice shall sound in your ears: "This is the way; walk in it," when you would turn to the right or to the left.
Isaiah 30:21,22

Isaiah prophesies on the life to come when the Messaiah returns. One of the blessings will be "a voice in your ear" guiding the way we should go. No longer will we ever be lost.

Being lost is a horrible place to be. I remember coming up out of Central Station, Sydney for the first time. The crowd was immense and I was feeling small and alone. It took me a while to even discern where north was and get my bearings. Once I found Pitt Street and figured out which direction would take me down to the harbour, I started to feel more at peace.

Being morally lost is like having no spiritual compass, no point of reference. Jesus is the rock to align myself with. He is there all the time, I just need to remember that and get back in line.

Jesus, you my teacher, my rock, the voice in my ear. Speak to me today so I know when to turn to the right or to the left.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: