Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Confess

A man had two sons. He came to the first and said, 'Son, go out and work in the vineyard today.' He said in reply, 'I will not,' but afterwards he changed his mind and went. Mt.21:28,29

Jesus is telling a parable to the Pharisees of two sons, one whom says no to his father and then changes his mind, the other who says yes but does not do what he agreed to. Jesus tells the Pharisees they are like the second son who is unrepentant.

It seems every authentic response to Jesus involves repentance. We all have sined, so turning to God involves confessing that sin. This third week of Advent seems like a good time to go to confession.

Jesus, you know the sin that hides in my heart. Lord, I want to be a fervent follower. I place my stain before you and embrace the sacrament of reconciliation your Church gives to help me do that.
Little Flower, please pray for me.




No comments: