Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Repent

Jesus began to reproach the towns where most of his mighty deeds had been done, since they had not repented.

mt.11:20


Jesus is rebuking the towns where His authority has been displayed for all to see but no change of heart has taken place. How could He tell? There was no sign of repentance.


The opposite of repentance is pride. I've heard a wise priest say that behind every sin, every sin, is pride. It was pride that led to Lucifer's fall. It was to Eve's pride that Satan appealed (you shall be like God).


Pride, believing my needs are greater, is behind my every sin of lust, greed and judgementalism. What's the antidote to this fatal disease in me? Repentance. It's time I went to confession.


Lord Jesus, have mercy on me a sinner.

Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: