Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Press Harder

Then Jesus answered her, ‘Woman, you have great faith. Let your wish be granted.’ And from that moment her daughter was well again.
Mt.15:28

A Canaanite woman has pleaded with Jesus for the healing of her daughter.  Initially Jesus appears to rebuff her but the woman persists.  Even the scraps from Jesus' table would be enough, she remonstrates. Her great faith results in Jesus granting her wish and her daughter is healed.

I have a sick daughter.  The woman of today's Gospel has something to say to my circumstance.  Press harder into Jesus.  Even when nothing happens, press harder into Jesus.  Never give up on Him.  All healing eventually comes from Him.  Have faith in Jesus even when I have my doubts.  Keep pressing into Jesus.

Lord Jesus, Son of David, take pity on me. My daughter is tormented by a devil.
Little Flower, please pray for us.


No comments: