Saturday, July 6, 2013

Loved as a Bride

Jesus replied, ‘Surely the bridegroom’s attendants would never think of mourning as long as the bridegroom is still with them? But the time will come for the bridegroom to be taken away from them, and then they will fast.
Mt.9:15


John's disciples have questioned Jesus about the lack of fasting by His disciples.  In His reply Jesus refers to a new way of doing things and a new relationship between God and Church, one of bridegroom and bride.

Jesus refers to Himself as bridegroom in all four Gospels.  The book of Revelation four times shows Christ as the bridegroom and the Church His bride. "Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready." Rev.19:7.  The more I think about Jesus the bridegroom and the Church His bride, the greater is my appreciation of God's love for His church and consequently, God's love for me.

Jesus, thank you for loving me, what can I say?
You are my everything, I will sing your praise.

Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: