Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cry Out With Joy!


Yes, it is my Father’s will that whoever sees the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and that I shall raise him up on the last day.
Jn.6:40

Jesus is at the height of His public ministry.  He has just fed the five thousand.  He has just walked across the Sea of Galilea.  The crowds are clambering after Him.  It is at this point that He proclaims clearly who He is and what has has come for.  "I am the bread of life".  "Eat my flesh... drink my blood".  And the ultimate promise, "...and I shall raise you up on the last day". 

There is still a bubbling Easter joy within me.  We are passing through the middle of the Easter season, the fifty days of resurrection awe and wonder at what Jesus' rising from the dead actually means.  It is a time to unwrap the Pascal Mystery.  Jesus truly lived, He truly died and was truly buried in a true grave... and He truly rose again!  What does this mean?  I shall be raised up with Him on the last day.


Today is a day for me to "Cry out with joy to God all the earth" (
Psalm 65:1)

Thank you Jesus for what You promise me, eternal life with You.  You are my source of hope and Joy.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: