Monday, January 28, 2013

Undivided

If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot last. And if a household is divided against itself, that household can never stand.
Mark 3:24,25



Jesus refutes the claim of the scribes that it is the devil who is working through Him and casting out demons.  Simple logic shows that when something is divided against itself it cannot stand.

I cannot help thinking of dear friends who have separated after thirty years of marriage.  There has been no infidelity, simply disunity on a subject that has grown so big that it has over shadowed their love.

Jesus prayed more for unity among His followers than anything else. Why?  Because a house divided will surely fall. Its like the law of gravity. We cannot escape this fact. And the opposite is also true. There is a strength  a power in "oneness" whenever there is unity.

I need to more an agent of unity, in my home, in my parish, in my work space, in my world.

Lord Jesus, You prayed that we may all be one as You and the Father are one.  Let the Power of One be a hallmark of my life.  
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: