Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Eternal Life

He is God, not of the dead, but of the living.
Mk.12:27


The Sadducees, who denied there is a resurrection, set a question to Jesus to discredit Him and prove their own theology.  Jesus demonstrates from the Torah that rising from the dead has always been God's plan for mankind.  The resurrection is a promise Jesus is very strong on as He knew He was to be the first of many to experience it.

Belief in the resurrection puts my life in right perspective.  As good as this life is, it's not all there is.  The resurrection makes sense of the pain and suffering of this life, it is insignificant when compared to the glories that await.  As C S Lewis writes in the last page of The Last Battle, the final book in the  Chronicles of Narnia, "all that had happened before was just the title page to their great story that was about to begin".  What a wonderful promise I can carry into my day.

Thank you Lord Jesus for the promise of eternal life with You.  On this sure promise I place my hope today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: