Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Last and First

‘Many who are first will be last, and the last first.’
Mk.10:31


Jesus has just challenged the rich man to give all he has to the poor and then follow Him.  The disciples are stunned at the high expectation Jesus placed on rich man and then question about their own worthiness.  Jesus then makes an amazing promise; 
‘I tell you solemnly, there is no one who has left house, brothers, sisters, father, children or land for my sake and for the sake of the gospel who will not be repaid a hundred times over...'.
There is a spiritual perspective that over rides the temporal view of things.  To make sure there is no confusion about this Jesus adds; 'the first shall be last and the last first'.

I can get fixated on natural justice when it is the supernatural justice of God that is supreme.  God's scales are biased towards "the last" of this world.  There needs to be less of me and more of Him in my day, starting today...


Lord Jesus, help me break from the seduction of the world and cling to You.  I want to be last here so I qualify to be first for You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

 

No comments: