Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Completion

Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete them.
Mt.5:17


Jesus has started His great Sermon on the Mount.  He has just given the Beatitudes when He clarifies what He is about.  Jesus' coming is not a rehash of God's relationship with His Chosen People.  He is the fulfillment of it. He then goes on to clarify the spirit of the Law on topics like murder, adultery, divorce, revenge and love.

When I am confused about the Church and her teachings, about the "Law and the Prophets", I can turn to Jesus.  What He said, what He did was always perfect fulfillment of what the Church is saying.  He distills things and keeps them very simple... simple enough for even me to understand.

Lord Jesus, You are my Way, my Truth and my Life.  Thank you Lord that in the confusion of my day I only need turn to Your constant presence and all is well.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: