Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Who do I say He Is?

"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"
Mt.16:15

 Today is the feast day of saint's Peter and Paul, the two pillars of the church.  In today's gospel Jesus asks the question that every human being must answer; who do I say Jesus is?  The answer Peter gives is,  "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Peter's answer doesn't just define Jesus, his answer defines himself; "Blessed are you... you are Peter ... the rock on whom I will build my church"

So, the question hangs there for everyone, for me.  I say with my lips that Jesus is Lord, but what does my lifestyle say?  And in what it says, how am I defined?  Today I choose to live as one who knows Jesus as Son of the Living God.

Lord Jesus, fill me with your Spirit that my life may clearly say to the world who You are.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: