Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Merry Christmas!

Alleluia, alleluia! 
A holy day has dawned upon us. 
Come, you nations, and adore the Lord. 
Today a great light has come down upon the earth. 
Alleluia! 

Today's Gospel Acclamation sums up the joy of Christmas. The light of Christ still shines throughout the world.

Today is the sixth day of the Octave of Christmas. While the world has moved on to celebrating the New Year, Mother Church is still thrilling in the joy of the birth of Jesus. Christmas is so great the Church says the one day is eight days long, so full is its wonder and joy. 

Even Christian radio stations have stopped playing Christmas carols. Not me. I'm still in Christmas. Why move on?  Peace on earth and good will to all men! Unto us a child is given. Alleluia!

Jesus, the wonder of your incarnation continues to reverberate in me. Today I am a Christmas person, a true Christian.
Saint Joseph, please pray for me.




 

No comments: