Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Cast them Out

And he went all through Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and casting out devils.
Mk.1:39

Jesus has just started his public ministry. He has performed miracles of healing but also each time,  Demons were cast out.

It seems like Jesus didn't have to look very far before he found Demons to be cast out. Where ever there were crowds to see him he performed healing and he cast out Demons.

I wonder if he would find as many demons in my world today should he be walking through our churches and streets? I suspect he would.

This reminds me that I may live in a new age but the world I live in is unchanged from 2000 years ago. I am engaged in a spiritual battle that has raged over millennia. The good news is that Jesus casts out Demons just as successfully today as ever. I have no need to fear , just keep my eyes and heart focused on Jesus.

Lord Jesus, I claim victory in my life in your name and I place my trust in you.
Little flower, pray for me.


No comments: